At M & E Chiropractic, we understand that everybody is different. That's why we offer a variety of services to suite your individual health care needs.
Chiropractic care focuses on using manual manipulations to restore normal joint mobility and increase function. Our chiropractors are trained in a variety of techniques and believe in addressing both joint restriction and muscular imbalance to restore normal movement and optimize our results. Although Chiropractors are often thought of as low back doctors, chiropractic care can be beneficial in a variety of muscular and skeletal complaints such as:
- Headaches Neck Pain Frozen Shoulder Carpel Tunnel Migraine Headaches
- Back Pain Whiplash Shin Splints Rotator Cuff Injury Sciatica
- Arthritis Pain Disc Herniation Pinched Nerve Knee Pain And More...
Chiropractors are licensed by the PA State Board of Chiropractic and are required to pass Part I-IV of the National Board Exams administered by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners prior to obtaining licensure.
Acupuncture has become an increasingly popular form of treatment in the United States. Acupuncture is based on the principle of qi (the life force) flowing through channels on the body known as meridians. The meridians correspond to the organs (zang) and bowls (fu) and are given a yin or yang classification based on body location. Overly simplified, it is the interaction of yin, yang and qi that can create health or disease. Acupuncture employs a variety of techniques that allows the practitioner to access the qi and help create balance within the body. Acupuncture can help with:
- Acute Injury Arthritis Sinus Problems Fatigue Insomnia Stroke Symptoms
- Chronic Pain Headache Allergies Asthma Depression Diabetes
- Infertility Toothache Fibromyalgia Indigestion Post-Operative And More...
Acupuncture is licensed by the Federal government and practitioners are required to pass NCCAOM board exams, maintain CPR certification, and pass a course in Clean Needle Technique prior to licensure.
Clinical Nutrition focuses on utilizing whole foods, nutrients, and supplements to improve an individual’s health. We offer one on one patient counseling to find the best nutrition strategy to accomplish the patient’s goals. Yes, clinical nutrition is an excellent way to lose weight in a healthy fashion, but it can offer so much more. Clinical nutrition can be applied to a wide variety of conditions from enhancing athletic performance to determining supplement/medication interactions and helping manage disease; for example:
- Arthritis Hypertension High Cholesterol Fibromyalgia
- Gout Diabetes Allergies Drug Induced Nutrient Deficiency
- Food Allergies Crohn's Disease Pre/Postnatal Pre/Post Surgery
- Fatigue Metabolic Syndrome Immune Support Thyroid Function Support
Clinical Nutritionists obtain a Master's of Science Degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition. Courses focus on how to manage disease using food, herbs and supplements with an emphasis on understanding how nutritional deficiencies affect and promote disease processes.
Chiropractic, Acupuncture & Clinical Nutrition